Author Topic: PseudoPod 644: Flash on the Borderlands XLVII: Horror Comedy Showcase  (Read 1453 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.

PseudoPod 644: Flash on the Borderlands XLVII: Horror Comedy Showcase

Authors : Chris Sumberg and Buzz Dixon
Narrators : Dave Robison, Scott Campbell, Karen Bovenmyer, John Bell, Graeme Dunlop, Alasdair Stuart, Brian Lieberman, Alex Hofelich, Kate Kastelein, Tad Callin, Dani Daly, Kitty Sarkozy and Shawn Garrett
Host: Alasdair Stuart

Big shoutout to audio producers this week: Marty Perrett and Shawn Garrett

“The Gerunding” was first published in the October 1987 issue of National Lampoon

“’Mama!’ Is a Four-Letter Word” was published in IMPACT Press (1999) and Chronogram (2002)

Show Notes

This episode of PseudoPod is brought to you by AMC Shudder. Check out Shudder’s great content at shudder.com and use promo code pseudopod for a free 30-day trial. What’s waiting for you in this trial? Shudder is a premium streaming video service, super-serving fans of all degrees with the best selection of horror and thrillers. Not only classics you know and love, but a couple less visible gems that we want to draw your attention to.

Firstly, The Old Dark House is a classic horror film created just before the Hays Code dropped, so there’s some content that is particularly shocking for its 1932 release date. This also was inspirational for a young Ray Bradbury and his Uncle Einar stories, which were inspirational for the artist Charles Addams. Secondly, Murder Party is an exceptional entry in the black humor end of the genre, made all the more striking if you know any struggling creatives. I first saw this at a horror film festival wearing my Army of Darkness shirt. One of the filmmakers greeted me at the door, and noting the shirt, assured me I would love their film. They were not wrong.

The thing I’m most looking forward to is the Shudder original series released this week — Critters: A New Binge. I have an arguably unreasonable affection for the Critters franchise, as they indelibly scarred me as a kid. Head over to shudder.com and use promo code pseudopod for a free 30-day trial.

“…and now, some excerpts from Cacophonus Audio’s forthcoming dramatic audiobook adaptation of Buzz Dixon’s 1980s horror classic…THE GERUNDING…”

------------

“It is precisely because we fear that which we fear that we are afraid of it. ”

—Larimo Kurlius, Intellecto Pretentioso

-------------

PROLOGUE

Luckinbill, Maine, 1807 B.C.

Konomoro, wisest of the witch doctors in the seven tribal councils, felt uneasy deep in his red heart. The Norseman standing before him was stark naked and drenched in blood that gushed from hundreds of ornate, foreboding runes carved in his body.

Surely this was an evil sign…

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?