Author Topic: CoW Ep. 359: Tiger, Tiger  (Read 3673 times)

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
on: June 13, 2019, 09:17:47 PM
Cast of Wonders 359: Tiger, Tiger

• Author: Drea Silvertooth
• Narrator: Kate Mullaney
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
Cast of Wonders 359: Tiger, Tiger is a Cast of Wonders original.
Click here to listen to Episode 359

Echo had always thought that when the world ended, she’d either be running with a motley band of survivors or instantly vaporized. Not a single book, show or movie had prepared her for being apocalypse adjacent.

In the Tropical Asia building, protected by thick glass walls and a ventilation system designed to keep air warm in the winter and sticky in the summer, she hid with her animals. Warty pigs snuffled through the decorative undergrowth, a siamang family sung like sirens in the canopy overhead, and the Malayan tapir and small-clawed otters had taken residence around the cement-bottomed stream that wound through the exhibit. There was still no sign of the sloth bear or the orangutans. Echo wondered if, while she’d been lying face down in the public restroom fighting for consciousness, they might have been evacuated.

Tags:animals, apocalypse, Cast of Wonders, Drea Silvertooth, Fantasy, Jeremy Carter, Kate Mullaney, Katherine Inksip, Modern Fantasy, Post-Apocalypse, survival, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult fiction, zoo

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 01:15:59 AM
Love the thematic resonance with The Lady and the Tiger.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”