Author Topic: The Pan-Pantheon  (Read 2544 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: May 14, 2019, 04:33:57 AM
The first time I hosted one of these contests, I gave each group a mascot from a European bestiary1. The second time, I broadened my scope somewhat, and created my own global bestiary, with creatures from many different cultures, most of which European monks had never heard tell of.

This time, instead of beasts and monsters, each entry will be presided over by a god or goddess. Once again, I'm drawing from around the world and across time to bring you a wide array of deities, some well known, many obscure. It's not my intent to cause offense to anyone of any religion, but I recognize that that's a risk. So if my entries are offensive to anyone, I apologize. Hopefully all will be taken in the spirit intended.

May the deities smile upon the stories under their care, and hear any prayers offered by the authors thereof.

1Well, not a single bestiary - I combined and edited entries from several historical bestiaries to make the description for each critter, along with an authentic picture from one of them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:20:41 PM by Ocicat »

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:53:43 AM
The first time I hosted one of these contests, I gave each group a mascot from a European bestiary1. The second time, I broadened my scope somewhat, and created my own global bestiary, with creatures from many different cultures, most of which European monks had never heard tell of.

This time, instead of beasts and monsters, each entry will be presided over by a god or goddess. Once again, I'm drawing from around the world and across time to bring you a wide array of deities, some well known, many obscure. It's not my intent to cause offense to anyone of any religion, but I recognize that that's a risk. So my entries are offensive to anyone, I apologize. Hopefully all will be taken in the spirit intended.

May the deities smile upon the stories under their care, and hear any prayers offered by the authors thereof.

1Well, not a single bestiary - I combined and edited entries from several historical bestiaries to make the description for each critter, along with an authentic picture from one of them.

you're so cool.

leoman

• Extern
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:16:30 PM
hello all

DudeAbiding

• Palmer
Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 02:46:11 AM
What's up