Escape Artists
August 22, 2018, 12:09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which movie do you like best?  (Voting closed: January 01, 2008, 01:21:51 PM)
Raiders of the Lost Ark - 7 (50%)
City of Lost Children - 0 (0%)
The Big Lebowski - 3 (21.4%)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 0 (0%)
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers - 4 (28.6%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandson of Film Poll: Week 12  (Read 2646 times)
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« on: December 26, 2007, 01:21:51 PM »

The Matrix couldn't make it past Indy Jones - do any of these films have a chance?  I don't know, but we'll see...
FNH
Matross

F Napoleon H

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »

Tough choice Raiders/Rings....

eytanz

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »

Different tough choice for me - Raiders vs. Lebowski. Both utter favorites, but totally different genres. The other three, all good, but not contenders as far as I am concerned.
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Hipparch

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:20 AM »

Not a movie here I don't like, and several I love, but it's Raiders all the way for me.

CammoBlammo
Matross

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 03:22:28 AM »

I have a problem in that I've only seen three of these movies. I saw Raiders so long ago I don't remember it, apart from the cool Nazi zapping bit at the climax. I've also watched the LOTR cycle and the Harry Potter movies, but I've also read the books. I loved the books. I didn't enjoy the movies nearly as much, for the usual reasons --- Peter Jackson stuffed around with LOTR way too much and the Harry Potter movies missed a lot of the background and subtlety that made the book series so good. That's not intended as criticism --- I just don't think any of the Harry Potter books can be condensed into < 120 minutes.

If I hadn't read the books I would have to vote for The Two Towers. That was awesome.
Ocicat
Castle Watchcat

Anything for a Weird Life

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 03:28:27 AM »

Okay, so I didn't vote for it myself, but it's clear that a lot of you folks need to see City of Lost Children.  It's an awesome - and bizarre - film.  It's the sort of thing that would happen if David Lynch and Terry Gilliam got together and decided to make a movie... while on a lot of opium.
Simon
Peltast

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 05:44:24 AM »

Ocicat:

I love CoLC with a deep and abiding passion, and on any other list I would have found myself chucking it a vote...  But I have seen Lebowski something in excess of 30 times (possibly closer to 50), and there is no way I can vote for any other movie on this list with any honesty.  I won't claim that Lebowski is the greatest film ever made, but it has entertained me - personally - more than any other...  Even 'tho I hated it the first time round (and disliked it mildly the second).

Lost Children had competition too stiff to take on this time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: