Author Topic: PC550: The Last Exorcist  (Read 2803 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: November 29, 2018, 04:51:39 AM
PodCastle 550: The Last Exorcist

Rated R for strong language and violence.

Originally published in FIYAH.

Listen to this week’s PodCastle!

Sandra M. Odell

• Peltast
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 06:43:05 AM
This is a powerful, exciting, necessary story.  I loved the characters and the narrative tone, and would adore more stories set in this same world.  Well done all around.

Moritz

• Lochage
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:10:13 PM
Was the info about it not being accepted by a magazine part of the story (i.e. in setting), or was that for real?!

I really enjoyed the story and the narration.

Ichneumon

• Matross
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:04:28 PM
I am not sure what I am meant to feel about this story. I get that I'm not a member of the target audience, but I am commenting because I am in the audience. I know that it is a fantasy story, but it is also commentary on the real world. The lines were so stark, no shades of grey: "whiteness is synonymous with the infernal," white people are the devil and the reporter was ashamed that his mother was an evil white person. There's not much room for discussion when people deal in absolutes.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:29:07 PM
Wait... what?! This story was posted over a year ago? This would have also made a dandy pseudopod episode. Okay, I'm done.  ::)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.