Author Topic: PseudoPod Flash Fiction Contest VI Rules, Schedule, and FAQ  (Read 30020 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #100 on: November 01, 2019, 01:19:12 AM
I'm alive. Thanks for your patience! You can expect things to start being updated shortly :)

Yall rock!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #101 on: November 01, 2019, 01:53:41 AM
We're live on group 16! Quarterfinal 3 to come shortly.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #102 on: November 01, 2019, 02:24:26 AM
Quarterfinals Group 3 and SEMIFINALS GROUP 1 are live! Enjoy the sweet, sweet sorrow of not voting for stories you love in favor of stories you love just that much more.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #103 on: November 03, 2019, 01:17:01 AM
FYI: Group 13 has a tiebreaker poll up right now to determine who gets 3rd place! It's running for only three days so go make your voices heard!

DarrellStanding

• Peltast
Reply #104 on: November 03, 2019, 03:37:40 AM
I have an idea for how this contest is ran. I do not know if it's practical or even if it's a good idea but I'm going to voice it anyway. I like the way the voting cannot be seen for a group until an individual's votes have been cast. I wonder if it would also be possible to not show comments on a story until an individual's votes have been cast. Because I wonder if comments made, whether they be dismissive or laudatory, might sway the opinions of subsequent readers. Especially if those comments come from some of the more vociferous (perceived as more credible?) commentators. I enjoy commenting on the stories myself. And believe that comments are valuable to the writer. And I hope that the reader can make up their own mind about how they feel about a story. But I do wonder if comments affect the voting and think it would be interesting to withhold them until after an individual has voted.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #105 on: November 03, 2019, 05:17:48 AM
:) This idea has been brought up in nearly every contest so far, and the answer has always generally been a no on this. A) we can't hide comments until someone has voted with this forum software and B) each voter can choose how they vote -- you can merely elect not to read comments until you've voted.

DarrellStanding

• Peltast
Reply #106 on: November 04, 2019, 04:52:08 AM
:) This idea has been brought up in nearly every contest so far, and the answer has always generally been a no on this. A) we can't hide comments until someone has voted with this forum software and B) each voter can choose how they vote -- you can merely elect not to read comments until you've voted.

Ah, well, great minds think alike. 😀 It was just a thought. I'm sure in the end the strongest stories will prevail.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #107 on: November 04, 2019, 05:00:43 AM
Hehe exactly. One could make the other argument that discussing a story with others can form a more well-rounded position on said story, one that, in the end, will help pick the best stories that will be enjoyed by even larger audiences than just those who vote in the contest. Stories that can survive discussion and nitpicking pretty much 'prove' themselves before getting to later rounds.

MonsieurMoustache

• Lochage
    • chantalbeaulne.com
Reply #108 on: November 04, 2019, 08:22:15 AM
Hehe exactly. One could make the other argument that discussing a story with others can form a more well-rounded position on said story, one that, in the end, will help pick the best stories that will be enjoyed by even larger audiences than just those who vote in the contest. Stories that can survive discussion and nitpicking pretty much 'prove' themselves before getting to later rounds.

I feel this way as well. Getting to read people's thoughts on the stories is a huge part of why I find these contests helpful, and the social aspect is important. I think I'd be far less engaged otherwise.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #109 on: November 06, 2019, 02:47:15 AM
A tiebreaker poll has just gone up for Group 15! It will be up for 3 days -- go vote for your favorite!

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #110 on: November 09, 2019, 05:49:57 AM
First Round groups are all closed!

Quarterfinal 4 will be going up sometime mid-day today (11/9) EST

RJ_Writes

• Extern
Reply #111 on: November 15, 2019, 06:32:11 PM
It's getting super close and interesting now that we're into semifinals!  ;D

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #112 on: November 16, 2019, 11:51:42 PM
Should I be able to see Semifinal group 2? I'd made a note for myself that it was due this weekend... is it up yet?

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal

RJ_Writes

• Extern
Reply #113 on: November 17, 2019, 12:26:10 AM
Should I be able to see Semifinal group 2? I'd made a note for myself that it was due this weekend... is it up yet?

Not just you. I don't see it either, must be a delay.

Languorous Lass

Reply #114 on: November 17, 2019, 02:31:56 AM
The semifinals can’t be posted until the quarterfinals have ended.  The quarterfinals were delayed because of the need for multiple tiebreakers. 

FictionPhial

• Hipparch
    • The Fiction Phial
Reply #115 on: November 17, 2019, 10:45:12 AM
Ahhh I see. Was just worried it was some sort of glitch at my end.

"You should promise to do the impossible, because sometimes the impossible was possible, if you could find the right way, and at least you could often extend the limits of the possible.  And if you failed, well, it had been impossible." -- Going Postal

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #116 on: November 17, 2019, 04:20:26 PM
Semifinal Group 2 is up! Go vote yer hearts out.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #117 on: November 25, 2019, 03:23:47 AM
psssst. Thefinalpollisuponusandyoushouldallgovoteokaythanksbye.