Author Topic: EP019: Implications  (Read 3975 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: October 11, 2009, 01:01:10 AM
EP019: Implications

By James C. Bassett.
Read by Stephen Eley.

“Yes, obviously. But its judgement is rather lacking, wouldn’t you say? Trying to translocate itself to the Ancestors’ Earth on a whim? For that matter, Instructor, I might also question your own judgement. Imagine, teaching macrolevel effects as an introduction to subquantum nonlocality!”

Arcaprun jumped up and ran to its Instructor’s defence. “Aw, Prundis, you know it wasn’t Grap’s fault. It was just a little accident.”

“Just an accident?” Prundis countered drily. “You neglected to factor in lightspeed lag when making observations to determine coordinates and lost yourself halfway across the universe! It took me three weeks to locate you! I was worried sick, Arc.”

Rated G. Suitable for macrolevel quantum explicate children of all ages.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:53:43 PM
This one was fun.  The childlike viewpoint served to enhance the otherworldliness of the technology and characters.  I can't imagine this is kind of how a story would read if we gave a modern technology story to the Mayans.

Supernova

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:05:41 PM
Great story, I can imagine parts of it being read out on BBC Radio 4's The Infinite Monkey Cage podcast :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:16:02 PM by Supernova »