Escape Artists
October 22, 2014, 07:13:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP060: Creature For Hire  (Read 2773 times)
Russell Nash
« on: January 14, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »

EP060: Creature For Hire

By Paul E. Martens.
Read by Mark Forman (of Getting A Leg Up and The Ex-Wife files).

“But, Morty, I’m an alien. Christ, I’m The Alien, the only one on the whole damned planet. There’s got to be something.” It occurred to me that my apartment was too big. It seemed to be getting bigger every day. And when I considered the rent vis a vis my bank account balance, the place was huge.

“The novelty’s worn off, kiddo. I’m surprised it lasted for four movies. And that last one didn’t really count, just a walk-on in a dream sequence. The point is, people aren’t going to keep paying to see something they’ve already seen, even if he is an alien. I mean, it’s not like you do anything. You’re just there, you know?”

Rated PG. Contains minor innuendo, minor swearing, and some grotesque imagery. No livestock were harmed in the making of this podcast.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 08:59:57 AM »

Ooh, I'm the first commenter!  Tongue

This one was pretty fun, fluffy but fun.  I think it's funny how the alien and the SF writer were flops separately but together very popular.

--David Steffen
The Submissions Grinder:  Fiction market listings, submissions tracker, always free, poetry and nonfiction markets coming soon!
luka datas
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »

i liked the neediness of that poor little unappreciated alien
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: