Author Topic: EP060: Creature For Hire  (Read 5360 times)

Russell Nash

on: January 14, 2008, 08:32:02 AM
EP060: Creature For Hire

By Paul E. Martens.
Read by Mark Forman (of Getting A Leg Up and The Ex-Wife files).

“But, Morty, I’m an alien. Christ, I’m The Alien, the only one on the whole damned planet. There’s got to be something.” It occurred to me that my apartment was too big. It seemed to be getting bigger every day. And when I considered the rent vis a vis my bank account balance, the place was huge.

“The novelty’s worn off, kiddo. I’m surprised it lasted for four movies. And that last one didn’t really count, just a walk-on in a dream sequence. The point is, people aren’t going to keep paying to see something they’ve already seen, even if he is an alien. I mean, it’s not like you do anything. You’re just there, you know?”

Rated PG. Contains minor innuendo, minor swearing, and some grotesque imagery. No livestock were harmed in the making of this podcast.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:59:57 PM
Ooh, I'm the first commenter!  :P

This one was pretty fun, fluffy but fun.  I think it's funny how the alien and the SF writer were flops separately but together very popular.

luka datas

Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
i liked the neediness of that poor little unappreciated alien

Supernova

• Palmer
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:44:19 PM
The narrator for this really sounds like Jonothan Banks AKA Mike from Breaking Bad. Great narration and fun story