Author Topic: Question about donations  (Read 29076 times)

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 02:12:30 AM
I do $5/mo via paypal.. it's not a lot but until I sell more on ebay to generate more paypal cash, it's all that I can afford.

I've submitted a story as well .. and if it's accepted then I'll tell Escape Artists to keep the cash for another writer as I don't need the money that badly.

Perhaps another cash option would be to have 'extended stories' - like Audible books or chapters of a story reserved for those who donate or buy the stories....

just a thought.
And not to quash all of your dreams, but some time ago Steve did some talking about how he prides himself on paying his authors so when they chose not to accept the cash he donates it to a charity of their choice.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

TaraInDC

• Extern
Reply #26 on: October 04, 2008, 11:38:13 PM
Did that earmarking feature for monthly donations ever get up and running?  Not that Escape Pod and Podcastle aren't fantastic, but Pseudopod is totally my go-to fiction podcast these days and I want to tell the world! (Or at least the guy who's writing the checks.) 

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 07:11:31 PM
I'd also like to ask that question.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 08:18:21 PM
Did that earmarking feature for monthly donations ever get up and running?  Not that Escape Pod and Podcastle aren't fantastic, but Pseudopod is totally my go-to fiction podcast these days and I want to tell the world! (Or at least the guy who's writing the checks.) 
even if it is not up and running yet, im sure the money is distributed according to need (to pay authors)
and if it is not, you could go into the About Pseudopod threads and launch praise at Alasdair and Ben and the team at their pure godly amazingness!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #29 on: February 02, 2009, 01:31:52 PM
We have created a shiny new monthly-donation link for Pseudopod (and collected some web banners and stuff you can link to) at http://pseudopod.org/support

The observation about Paypal getting to double-dip unnecessarily when you sign up for two of these is a very good one, and I'll definitely bear it in mind since I'll probably be more actively involved in administrative decisions like that here very soon.

Thanks guys!

Zathras

Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 01:48:17 PM
Where do we mail good, old-fashioned paper checks to now?

Russell Nash

Reply #31 on: March 18, 2009, 10:53:32 AM
Where do we mail good, old-fashioned paper checks to now?

http://escapepod.org/contact-us/
Our snailmail address, should you wish to send us an old-fashioned letter or donate by check, is:

Escape Artists, Inc.
PO Box 1538
Stone Mountain, GA 30086

Zathras

Reply #32 on: March 18, 2009, 12:35:01 PM
Thanks, Nash, I just wanted to make sure they still are using the same address.  Since everyone is so spread out, and responsibilities have changed, I was unsure.

Russell Nash

Reply #33 on: March 18, 2009, 01:19:44 PM
Thanks, Nash, I just wanted to make sure they still are using the same address.  Since everyone is so spread out, and responsibilities have changed, I was unsure.

I have no info either way on that.  It's the address on the site, so I guess it's the right one.

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 11:00:36 AM
The address has been changed to:

Escape Artists, Inc.
    PO Box 965609
    Marietta, GA 30066

Zathras

Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 12:26:12 PM
Cool, thank you, Ben.

We are moving to Phoenix in a couple of months, so our giving budget is on hold.  We're still going to give the same amounts, there's just going to be a delay.