Author Topic: PseudoPod 669: Zanders the Magnificent  (Read 1025 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 12, 2019, 03:42:00 AM
PseudoPod 669: Zanders the Magnificent

Author: Annie Neugebauer
Narrator: Jon Padgett
Host: Alasdair Stuart

“Zanders the Magnificent” was first published in Fireside Magazine Issue 21 in March 2015.

“My handsome, darling boys,” Mrs. Zander said, placing a hand on each of their shoulders. “Which one of you wants to be alive today?”

Robby and Bobby turned their heads inward at the same time, staring at each other with identical dark eyes. Bobby blinked, followed shortly by Robby’s blink, and they both said, “Bobby. Robby was alive yesterday.”

Mrs. Zander nodded approvingly, clapping her hands against their shoulder blades. “Good, yes. I like it when you agree,” she said. “Now both of you go get Bobby ready for school.”

The boys lurched into a sprint together, their narrow shoulders brushing past the door frame at the same time, their synched footsteps thumping down the hall.

When they were safely within their bedroom, Bobby shut the door. Robby went and flopped on the left bed – indistinguishable from the right bed in everything but placement in the room – and sighed. “I wish it was Saturday so we could both live,” he said, covering his face with his arms.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?