Author Topic: PseudoPod 617: The Culvert  (Read 2782 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 25, 2018, 10:23:11 PM
PseudoPod 617: The Culvert

Author: Maxwell Price
Narrator: Paul Cram
Host: Alasdair Stuart

PseudoPod 617: The Culvert is a PseudoPod original.

Jamie had been visiting the thing that lived in the culvert for about three weeks now. He spent more time with it than he ever had with anyone his own age, or even anyone outside of immediate family members. Jaime was a curious child, but not particularly social. Friendships existed in the abstract. The companionship of even a strange culvert-dwelling thing was not easily cast aside.

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 04:16:31 AM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:40:11 PM
You know, I really didn't see that twist at the end.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd also like to send kudos to the author. I appreciated your creativity, describing (without gore) how insects, worms, and flowing water can strip a skeleton - with time. By not showing us what was hidden under the rocks, it let my adult brain run wild. Your protagonist was an artist.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Happy Halloween, everyone. Get a chance to listen to Goblins (#618). Um, I was rooting for the elderly couple. Now if you excuse me, I have to go to the fridge. and crunch down on a pickle {listen to the episode, eh}.  ;D

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 01:48:09 AM
Yep. I still love this episode.  ;D

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 03:02:54 AM
I thought this one was pretty good. I've enjoyed both of Paul Cram's Pseudopod readings that I've heard. I didn't see the twist coming. I suppose that if a troll can be outsmarted by a trio of billy goats that one of it's "cousins"   wouldn't stand a chance against an evil kid.

Just a heads up: the link to the author's page mistakenly goes to Heather N. Thomas' page.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 04:16:44 AM
Good catch! Fixed

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?