Author Topic: ATTENTION: New forum theme  (Read 16846 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
on: December 23, 2019, 02:27:07 AM
Hello all, Marguerite here.

With many thanks to Matt Dovey, the new forum look is now live! We hope you like the fresh coat of pixels.

For those who would prefer the older display styles, a short tutorial follows:

1. Head into ‘Look & Layout’ (see picture "Forum1.png" below)

2. Under ‘Current Theme’ click the ‘(change)’ link (see picture "Forum2.png" below)

3. Make your selection. ("SMF Default Theme - Curve" returns the previous theme) (see picture "Forum3.png" below)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 03:20:39 AM
I'll admit when I first hit the forum after the update I was confused and thought I hit a wrong bookmark by mistake.

But I'm really diggin the redesign! Great job Matt!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

MattDovey

• Autarch
    • mattdovey.com
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:38:35 PM
I'll admit when I first hit the forum after the update I was confused and thought I hit a wrong bookmark by mistake.

But I'm really diggin the redesign! Great job Matt!

Cheers!

Anyone spotted any weirdness? Anything inconsistent or broken? There's a lot of forum to cover, I expect I missed something.

How are the font sizes for people? You can always scale a webpage up by holding down Ctrl and scrolling your mousewheel (or tapping +), but if everything is too small for everyone (or if a particular type of text is too small), I can fix that in the styles if y'all let me know. It's more important that it's useable than it's pretty (though if I can manage both...)

PodCastle Assistant Editor & EA Graphics Goblin | @mattdoveywriter

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 04:36:39 AM
I mentioned something in the mod forum about a control missing -- PM me if you want more insight on that.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 10:44:14 PM
The updated didn't include a secure URL... https://forum.escapeartists.net.... That's unfortunate. I won't be sharing my banking information on this server; however, I like keeping my stream to-and-from EA encrypted and for EA-eyes only.

Is SSL still an option for this domain?

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.