Author Topic: EP028: Your Corporate Network and the Forces of Darkness  (Read 3772 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
EP028: Your Corporate Network and the Forces of Darkness

By Lucy A. Snyder.
Read by Rob Walch (of Podcast 411) with Mur Lafferty.

Axedame agrees that the technology provides staffing solutions that have yet to reach public acceptance or full legality. “Undead workers are kind of a gray area as far as the feds are concerned. And you bet your boots the unions are fighting it. But since you don’t have to pay the dead minimum wage, the potential impact this could have on America’s bottom line is off the charts! We’re pretty sure we can get the government on board as long as the GOP stays in charge.”

Rated R. Contains profanity, violence, dark magic, and other typical sysadmin behavior.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

monkeystuff

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:17:30 AM
What a cool story.  I like stories that make supernatural events seem to be every day things.  And of course it was believable to see corporations jump all over the stuff to save a couple of bucks.  Just a well told story, any with the nature of corporations maybe some spooky stuff like this is already happening irl... just maybe  ;)

justice may only be obtained where there is a lack of injustice

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:18:59 PM
Silly and fun, and I couldn't help imagining our stressed and surly Sys Admin trying to deal with all this ethereal demon threats to the net.  Mixing demons and Sys Admins=Fun!

Blaclsheep

• Extern
Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:49:14 AM
I completed the first year of Escape Pod today.  It's cool that I ran across the site on my birthday.  I passed the link for this story on to my friends.   The pace and content could allow the story to sneak by.  I admire how the supernatural expressions do not "pull you out of the narrative".  Enjoy hu maans.