Author Topic: PC614: White Noon  (Read 1031 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 19, 2020, 05:40:33 PM
PodCastle 614: White Noon

Author: Aidan Doyle
Narrator: Julie Hoverson
Host: Setsu Uzume
Audio Producer: Peter Behravesh

PodCastle 614: White Noon is a PodCastle original.

---

Show Notes
Rated PG-13.

The dogs’ barking let me know I had visitors. I reluctantly left my chair by the fire, pulled on my boots, and took my thundergun from its place on the wall. I rarely had any visitors apart from Magnus, which was how the dogs and I liked it.

When I opened the cabin door, the sun’s brightness made me squint. The sky was bluer than a husky’s eyes. Most folks enjoyed summer’s months of continual sunlight, but I preferred the peace of winter’s darkness. Nobody but a lover expects things of you when it’s dark.

I walked across the crisp snow, my breath appearing as a mist in front of me. A ten-dog team pulling a sled with two people in it drew to a halt outside my cabin. The two figures stepped off the sled, one of them crouching down to check the dogs and the other striding towards me. I recognized Kristin’s loping gait before I could make out her face. She always looked as though she was in a hurry to reach tomorrow. It had been years since I’d seen my sisters.

Kristin wore a heavy coat with wanted posters stitched onto it. All of the villains had their faces crossed out. A pair of silver thunderguns rested in holsters by her side.

“It’s a fine day for sledding,” Kristin said. Her tone suggested that only the most inglorious of cowards would disagree.

“Fine day for staying warm,” I replied.

Listen to this week's PodCastle.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!