Author Topic: Voice talent wanted!  (Read 3581 times)

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
on: January 30, 2008, 02:39:35 AM
This is a ways off, but I've just begun writing a radio play that I'm planning on eventually producing as a podcast.  Here's the twist -- rather than sitting down as a group in a studio, I'm planning on recording each part against a prompt script, then cutting them together.  It'll be a bit of an experiment.

The series is called Jim Stone Adventures, and is going to be a somewhat anachronistic serial in the old radio play style, about a dashing newspaper-reporter-turned-hero named Jim Stone, and his various adventures.  The first arc will be called Jim Stone in the Land Beneath, and will follow his fantastic subterranean adventures.  Later arcs will include Jim Stone Versus the Robots and Jim Stone in Space.

As of right now, there are two to three major characters who will appear in every episode, and a wide variety of minor characters.  It'd be great to get some ensemble players who could do a several of the small parts.  I'm looking for male and female actors.  Once I have the script done for the first arc (which should be 10-25 5-10 minute episodes) I want to get started recording; this could be as soon as next month, or much later, depending on how the writing goes.

There's no money in it, but it'll be fun, and a chance to get your name out there.  If you have any interest send an email to jimstoneadventures@gmail.com, and when I get the script done I'll send it aroundm, and if it looks like something you'd be into, there'll be a chance to record an audition.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:27:04 AM by bolddeceiver »

timprov

• Palmer
    • Personal Home Page
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:43:50 AM
I just tried to e-mail you at the address and it got bounced back.  I'd be interested in auditioning when the script is ready.  Shoot me an e-mail at timprovphilly@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Tim 

Even in failure there can be Nobility! But failing to try brings only shame!
-Silver Surfer

www.timothypcallahan.com

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:27:45 AM
Haha that would be because I mistyped the address >_<.  Should work now, or I'll just put you on the mail list.