Author Topic: PseudoPod 699: Flash on the Borderlands LI: Quaint and Curious Forgotten Lore  (Read 1370 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 699: Flash on the Borderlands LI: Quaint and Curious Forgotten Lore

Authors: Bradley H. Sinor, Selena Chambers, and Edgar Allan Poe
Narrators: Matt Franklin, Tatiana Grey, and Wayne Johnson
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“A Dark Bird” was first published in Flush Fiction II, by Yard Dog Press in 2016
“Dr. Lambshead’s Dark Room” was first published in The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities in 2011
“The Conqueror Worm” was published in Graham’s January 1843

Show Notes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She closed the book, placed it on the table, and finally, decided to walk through the door.  The words of the poems echoed in her head.

She hesitated for only a moment before crossing the threshold, as the blue flames wrapped around her, sending a tingling cold into the deepest bits of her.

For the longest time there was nothing, finally in the distance came the sound of water gently lapping against the piers of a dock, the cold December winds reaching out onto the water. A dark bird of her desire circled near her.

“The one you seek is near,” said the creature.

Two men in the heavy jackets and caps of seamen shivered as she passed, one crossing himself and drawing deeper within his jacket. The other crossed himself, glancing up into the sky at the full moon.

“Why do you torment me?” she asked the bird.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:33:20 PM by Bdoomed »

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
This collection helped me gain some appreciation for Poe.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

creepyp

• Extern
    • creepypasta quiz
intresting enough

yeay