Author Topic: PC623: Caring For Dragons and Growing a Flower  (Read 958 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: April 24, 2020, 10:04:48 PM
PodCastle 623: Caring For Dragons and Growing a Flower

Author: Allison Thai
Narrator: Jennifer Tran
Host: Setsu Uzume
Audio Producer: Peter Behravesh

PodCastle 623: Caring For Dragons and Growing a Flower is a PodCastle original.

---

Show Notes
Rated PG-13, for found footage and lost loves.Author’s dedicationI dedicate this story to my grandfather and father: one who I’ve never met and one I’ve known since I was born, yet both are men in my family who have my eternal respect and admiration.

31 October, 1974

Dear Thi,

Sleep easy tonight, darling. I’m well and alive at the barracks the Party had seized in Sóc Trăng. Because I had sided with the enemy, I expected to be shot, or be assigned to clear the mines. Instead, the commander told me that medical training is like imperial jade: a precious resource and hard to come by. It would be wasted, with a bullet to my head. So I renounced the treacherous ways of the enemy, and I was given the honor of caring for the dragons of the People’s Army. They’ll be the key to winning the war and driving out the American invaders. Every day we inch closer to victory and uniting our country. Every day I thank the Party for my spared life. I will henceforth contribute my efforts to the glory and prosperity of the Party.

How are things back home in Hà Nội? Have you been taking care of the seed I gave you on our wedding day?

Sincerely, Cương

Listen to this week's PodCastle.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!