Author Topic: Problems downloading podcast to elderly iPhone after years of no problems  (Read 6002 times)

timrowledge

• Extern
Recently - well, probably as of a couple of months now - my iPhone $ has not been able to download escapepod episodes. I have not had any problems with Starship Sofa, Clarke's world or DrabbleCast episodes. shortly after clicking to download I see the usual 'Preparing download' and then shortly after a failure message.
Has some change been made that might explain this?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
I don't believe there have been any major changes -- where are you attempting to download the episodes? (what podcatcher, etc)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

timrowledge

• Extern
Same old Apple podcast app that I've been using for what, ten years? No big change there I think, especially given it's an iPhone 4 and thus running a pretty old iOS.

And as mentioned, no problems with Sofa/Drabble/Clarkes

timrowledge

• Extern

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
I sympathize. I have had to evolve away from my desktop and old version of itunes which was the least worst way I could curate a playlist to burn to an mp3-cd for the car. Older versions of itunes don't integrate perfectly with evolving rss feeds, and when you take the issue to the iBosses responsible for supporting the software, they whisper "planned obsolesence -- isn't the new release beautiful?"

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”