Author Topic: Ben Phillips' reading style  (Read 16397 times)

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 08:25:04 PM
Actually I was referring to a magical alternate dimension called Terminus, or more lately, "Atlanta", where all the nations of the world are represented by restaurants, talking is more profitable than singing, and every single band has horror-themed concert fliers.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 09:19:52 PM
Actually I was referring to a magical alternate dimension called Terminus, or more lately, "Atlanta", where all the nations of the world are represented by restaurants, talking is more profitable than singing, and every single band has horror-themed concert fliers.

I once visited this dimension, and oh was it a weird place. One arrives there and is thrust into an underground labyrinth with trains along each wall that run without the intervention of the living. Days seemed to pass in that underground twilight, and yet at the end I emerged into an odd-toguned place that seemed for all the worlds to be trying to a large, metropolitan city, but beneath its surface who knows what lurked. It was most like a city, mostly uncannily like.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.