Author Topic: PseudoPod 709: Unhaunted House  (Read 902 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: June 21, 2020, 07:25:34 AM
PseudoPod 709: Unhaunted House

Author: Richard E. Dansky
Narrator: Trendane Sparks
Host: Alex Hofelich
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“Unhaunted House” originally appeared at Storytellers Unplugged, 2006

They huddled in the bathroom on the second floor, a family of three, afraid.
Tap. Tap tap. Tap.
The sounds came from all over the house. Everywhere glass faced the outside, they could hear the delicate impact of small branches tap tap tapping, trying to find their way in. That was why they had chosen the bathroom to flee to. It, of all the rooms, had no windows.
Tap. Thump. Tap tap.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

JDuckworth

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 01:45:34 AM
This was fun. I wanted to know more about the guy who sold the house though. How much did he know? Seems like he knew *something* was wrong and that it wasn't a ghost, but did he know the specifics, or just that anyone who bought the house was going to have a bad time? And was this out of outright malice or just wanting to make a buck (which I guess is the same thing)?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 09:18:31 PM
Hee hee! We’re carving out a 1/2 Football-field sized Yard on our woodlot. This was 10 minutes of me nodding to myself. We’re figuring out ways to build soil for a future forest-garden. This was a fun episode.  ;D

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.