Author Topic: New Listener, cannot find old episodes on Podcast App  (Read 5881 times)

Scorthosaurus

• Extern
Hello! I would like to listen to PseudoPod from episode one, and cannot find anything beyond 432 on my podcast app.
I like to listen to new podcasts from the beginning, and I know the episodes on on the main site but it is much easier to listen on a Podcast app (i use Podcast Addict, but I looked on Spotify and an app on the iPhone with the same result.)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 03:46:49 PM
This is a curse of having a back catalog that goes back 15 years. Podcatchers aren't built with that sort of long-term vision.

From the FAQ:

All the episodes in our back catalog are available to stream or download from our website, and always will be.

Podcatchers (like Apple Podcasts) only go backwards so far, due to their own space limitations — usually around 300 episodes!

https://escapeartists.net/faq/

Consider Youtube if you don't want to use the browser.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Scorthosaurus

• Extern
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 08:05:17 PM
Thank you for the response! I did see the ones on the website, just wanted to see if I was missing something on the feed. Podcasts are easier to listen to than MP3s so I just wanted to check.
I will stick with the website/downloads! Thank you again!