Author Topic: PseudoPod 712: Flash on the Borderlands LII: You Know What You Are  (Read 1835 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 712: Flash on the Borderlands LII: You Know What You Are

Authors: Drew Czernik, Jennifer Gardner, and Desmond Warzel
Narrators: Karlo Yeager Rodriguez, Autumn Ivy, and Setsu Uzume
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Chelsea Davis

PseudoPod 712: Flash on the Borderlands LII: You Know What You Are is a PseudoPod original.

Show Notes
https://junjiitomanga.fandom.com/wiki/The_Enigma_of_Amigara_Fault

Jack was four the first time he told me about the boy in the mirror.
Shannon and I were watching TV when we heard the scream from upstairs. I sprinted up to Jack’s room, sure there’d be blood, but he was fine. Physically, at least. He dragged me to his closet door, sobbing about the boy who was watching him through the mirror.
I looked at the mirror, saw the two of us looking back. I told him it looked normal to me. He shook his head, pointed at his reflection. “That’s not me” he whispered, “that’s him.”
That’s how it started.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Languorous Lass

Hey, I recognize two of these stories from the last PseudoPod flash contest!  I had been a fan of both of them, although they didn’t make it to the finals.

Interesting that Drew’s story is another parent-and-child-themed story—he definitely has a pattern going on.  Great work, Drew! 

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Oh yeah. That last story, Free Hugs:o :o :o :o :o
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My $10USD/month are being WELL spent. Bravo, eh.

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Marlboro

• Matross
I liked the warning story at the very beginning. Who read that part?

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

Former Assistant Editor Dagny Paul. She originally recorded the warning for a flash on the borderlands several years ago, and it seemed a good time to pull it out of the trunk again.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Marlboro

• Matross

Former Assistant Editor Dagny Paul. She originally recorded the warning for a flash on the borderlands several years ago, and it seemed a good time to pull it out of the trunk again.

Cool. I should have recognized her voice. I think I'll use this as an excuse to listen to some of the episodes she narrated, so I won't make this mistake again.

Cyber Spirit

• Extern
Wow, this was an amazing set of stories.  These would be good to tell over a campfire in the middle of a dark woods.