Author Topic: CoW Ep. 438: This is How You Remember (And Ep. 449!)  (Read 1067 times)

Languorous Lass

on: December 30, 2020, 10:00:40 PM
Cast of Wonders 438:  This is How You Remember

Also, Episode 449! A Staff Pick for 2020! Hosted by Editor Katherine Inskip!

• Author: Phong Quan
• Narrators: Andrew K. Hoe and Rasheedah Prioleau
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist: Alexis Goble

"This is How You Remember" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 449
Click here to listen to Episode 438

Content Warning: 
profanity, war, PTSD

I see the crowds before I see you, before I see even the flickering white of your flame. Your culture’s everywhere now—your music, your art, your words—but not your people, and not you, not in this tiny airport in this little place between San Diego and LA. So I hear the whispers—A Torch! A Speaker’s on the flight. Why here? There’s nothing here—and prepare myself to see you for the first time since the War.

Tags:   Alexis Goble, aliens, Andrew K. Hoe, companionship, families, found families, grief, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, Phong Quan, PTSD, Rasheedah Prioleau, recovery, soldiers, Staff Picks, Staff Picks 2020, trauma, truth, war, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 05:43:33 AM by Languorous Lass »

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 05:49:20 AM
Bumping this post so Forum members realize that Cast of Wonders is posting Staff Pick stories from 2020 with new introductions by individual staff members.  The most recent three are pinned at the top of this list.  Give them a listen!

PQ

• Extern
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 04:51:08 AM
Author here, doesn't seem like these threads get a lot of responses but happy to answer any questions anybody may have about the story. This one in particular draws a lot from many different sources of inspiration as well as experiences from my life and is near and dear to my heart so would love to chat about it with you. Can also hit me up on Twitter at @pqwrites if you prefer. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 04:53:43 AM by PQ »