Author Topic: CoW Ep. 418: So Much Cooking  (Read 693 times)

Languorous Lass

on: January 03, 2021, 03:28:42 AM
Cast of Wonders 418: So Much Cooking

• Author: Naomi Kritzer
• Narrator: Diane Severson Mori
• Host: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist: Alexis Goble

So Much Cooking originally appeared in Clarkesworld, Issue 110, November 2015.

Click here to listen to Episode 418

Content Warning:
  Pandemic

Carole’s Roast Chicken

This is a food blog, not a disease blog, but of course the rumors all over about bird flu are making me nervous. I don’t know about you, but I deal with anxiety by cooking. So much cooking. But, I’m trying to stick to that New Year’s resolution to share four healthy recipes (entrées, salads, sides…) for every dessert recipe I post, and I just wrote about those lemon meringue bars last week. So even though I dealt with my anxiety yesterday by baking another batch of those bars, and possibly by eating half of them in one sitting, I am not going to bake that new recipe I found for pecan bars today. No! Instead, I’m going to make my friend Carole’s amazing roast chicken. Because how better to deal with fears of bird flu than by eating a bird, am I right?

Tags:   Alexis Goble, blog, cooking, Diane Severson Mori, found families, illness, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, Life goes on, Lodestar, making do, Naomi Kritzer, pandemic, recipes, Summer Spotlight, Young Adult fiction
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 04:03:25 AM by Languorous Lass »

Languorous Lass

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 07:36:20 AM
I accidentally replaced an earlier post about a different story with this one, so it may not show up properly in the list of stories.  My apologies.