Author Topic: CoW Ep. 405: From the Editorial Page of the Falchester Weekly... (And Ep. 444!)  (Read 618 times)

Languorous Lass

Cast of Wonders 405: From the Editorial Page of the Falchester Weekly Review

Also, Episode 444! A Staff Pick for 2020! Hosted by Associate Editor Shawn Proctor!

• Author: Marie Brennan
• Narrators: Katherine Inskip, Alasdair Stuart, and Jeremy Carter
• Host, Episode 444: Shawn Proctor
• Host, Episode 405: KB Sluss
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist:  Alexis Goble

"From the Editorial Page of the Falchester Weekly Review" was originally published at Tor.com on April 5, 2016.

Click here to listen to Episode 444
Click here to listen to Episode 405

Dear Sirs–

I was fascinated by Mr. Benjamin Talbot’s brief notice, published in the 28 Seminis issue of your magazine, detailing his acquisition of a preserved specimen from a heretofore undocumented draconic species. As we all know, legends of the cockatrice date back many centuries, but I am unaware of any reputable examples collected before now, either dead or alive. This is a thrilling event for the field of dragon naturalism, and I heartily encourage Mr. Talbot to publish his discovery at greater length, including details such as the manner of its acquisition, the island or archipelago in the Broken Sea where such beasts may be found, and a thorough description of its anatomy. An engraving to accompany this article would not go amiss–though naturally a public presentation of his find would be even more desirable. I may dare hope that Mr. Talbot is even now preparing such an article for publication, whether in your magazine or elsewhere, for I have awaited further information with bated breath, and fear I will soon turn blue for lack of oxygen.

I am, as always, your devoted reader,

MRS. ISABELLA CAMHERST

Tags:   2020, Alasdair Stuart, Alexis Goble, dragons, epistolary, Fantasy, Fraud, Jeremy Carter, Katherine Inskip, KB Sluss, Lady Trent, letters, Marie Brennan, science, Shawn Proctor, Staff Picks, Young Adult fiction

« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 01:44:28 AM by Languorous Lass »