Escape Artists

News:

• Get your 500 word fantasy stories ready! We'll be open for submissions through the month of March, and starting the voting sometime in early April. Full details on Podcastle's website

News

Get your 500 word fantasy stories ready! We'll be open for submissions through the month of March, and starting the voting sometime in early April. Full details on Podcastle's website

Author Topic: CoW Ep. 368: If Only a Word for All Things  (Read 60 times)

Languorous Lass

on: February 01, 2021, 02:17:56 AM
Cast of Wonders 368:  If Only a Word for All Things

• Author: Jameyanne Fuller
• Narrator: Diane Severson Mori
• Host: Marguerite Kenner
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist: Alexis Goble

"If Only a Word for All Things" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 368

I hunched my shoulders and leaned closer to the automatic ticket machine. I punched in the date and time with tense fingers, chose the train I wanted, and stuffed some crumpled Euros into the slot. At any moment a carabiniere would take one look at me, know I was somewhere I shouldn’t be, and march me right onto the train back to Assisi. But I wasn’t running away, not really. I was going to Paris to find Maman and bring her home. We needed her home. Her and her magic words.

Tags:   Alexis Goble, Cast of Wonders, Diane Severson Mori, family, Fantasy, immigration, Italian, Jameyanne Fuller, Jeremy Carter, language, magic, Marguerite Kenner, Modern Fantasy, Paris, Parisian, trains, Young Adult fiction