Author Topic: CoW Ep. 378: Banned Books Week -- Common Grounds and Various Teas  (Read 751 times)

Languorous Lass

Cast of Wonders 378: Banned Books Week – Common Grounds and Various Teas

• Author: Sherin Nicole
• Narrator: Jesenia Pineda
• Host: Eden Royce
• Audio Producer: Jeremy Carter
• Artist: Alexis Goble

"Common Grounds and Various Teas" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 378

Mama’s fingernails are mesmerizing. They’re black and shiny as volcanic glass but not polished. Her skin is a deeper shade than North Carolina red clay, and her hair is pulled up high in two top knots. Long dreadlocks cascade down over both her ears. If she’s older than thirty  no one can tell. Right now, I’m giving her serious side eye. She won’t stop blabbering and babbling and telling her grifter tales.

“I told that man, you cannot sell me this bucket on wheels. It’s beneath me,” she says in an accent as brown as her skin. “He didn’t like that. Now, rather than me convincing him, he’s convincing me to lower the price. ‘Til I have mercy, I take this car from him for $45 and I let him buy the beers.”

Tags:   Alexis Goble, Banned Books Week, coffee, coyote, Eden Royce, family, Fantasy, Jeremy Carter, Jesenia Pineda, Modern Fantasy, mythology, Sherin Nicole, storytellers, tea, technology, true names, viral content, Young Adult fiction