Author Topic: New user here with a concern about Poddisc...  (Read 7567 times)

Moondog2010

• Extern
on: June 03, 2008, 08:56:04 AM
 Hello,

I am new to Escape Pod and Podcasting in general.  I have gotten all the episodes avaiable from iTunes and loved them.
so I ordered the 1-5 disc set from podisc on the 24th of May and as of the 2nd of June they are still being "processed"
I sent them an email and got no response from them.  Am I being overly impatient or is there a problem?
I am going to give them a few more days then give them a call.

Thanks for any feedback on this!

Moondog2010

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:46:10 PM
Moondog,

I can't speak to any specifics, but I'd ask you to keep one thing in mind.  PodDisc sounds like it's some big company, but it's Steve mailing the stuff out of his basement.  Turnaround time is going to be a little longer than Amazon. 

It's really amazing actually.  Amazon ships pretty much in a couple of hours and depending on how far away you are it takes a couple of days.  I remember (shit I sound old talking like that) when most catalogues switched from mail order to 800 numbers.  Shipping time went down from 6-8 weeks to 2 weeks. 

Moondog2010

• Extern
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:24:19 PM
Hello,

So I am at 16 days and counting.  Sure ain't Amazon.com  :-)  Its still "Processing"
And im all caught up on what i can get from iTunes... No replys from email and no call back
after I phoned Steve...

Oh well maybe he's gonna other issues at work or at home ill continue to wait...

I'll try some other SciFi podcasts in the mean time.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Moondog2010

Russell Nash

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:36:37 AM
I'll try some other SciFi podcasts in the mean time.  Any suggestions?

Go into the Podcast Pendantry Board and read down the threads.  There are severyl recommending other podcasts.