Author Topic: Notes on formatting  (Read 717 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: April 03, 2021, 09:23:22 PM
Due to the nature of the forums, I need to re-format every story by hand. This means putting in line and paragraph breaks, as well as italics and underlining, etc. Inevitably I will miss some. So if you see a story where what should be two paragraphs appear as one, don't blame the author, blame me. If you are the author, send me a PM and I'll fix it to match your submitted story.

Frank Evans

• Lochage
    • All of Algonquin
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:01:57 PM
For future contests, is there anything we can do to help with the formatting of our stories and save the moderators having to do every story?

aleks

• Extern
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:45:28 AM
That's a ton of work, Ocicat. Thanks so much for your efforts in running the contest.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 04:33:23 AM
For future contests, is there anything we can do to help with the formatting of our stories and save the moderators having to do every story?

Some stories are formatted so it's easy. Best is when there are two linebreaks between every paragraph, and no italics or bolds to look for. But there is no way that all the authors are going to do that, so every one still needs to be checked over by hand after the copy / paste.