Author Topic: Submissions rules  (Read 1031 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 28, 2021, 07:19:10 PM
The contest will be taking submissions beginning March 1, 2021, and ending on March 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST. I'll be the Guest Editor for the contest.

Each author may submit one original fantasy story of 500 words or less. Stories will then be sorted into groups, anonymized, and posted to our forums for all to read and vote on in a tournament-style contest. The three winning stories will be purchased at our usual payment rate, USD $0.08 per word, and the stories will be run together as an episode of PodCastle. Note that stories will be published on a members-only section of the forums, so first publication rights will not be expended by participating in the contest.

Authors are allowed to vote in the contest, including for their own stories! However, no one else who knows which story is yours is allowed to vote for it! This includes friends and family members. If you are sharing a computer, living space, or router with someone else who will be voting or creating an account, make sure to message me, and include who else is voting and if they know anything about your story. Failure to do so may result in your story being disqualified.

Author names will be revealed once a story has been eliminated from (or won) the contest.

Submit entries via this link
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:06:45 PM by Ocicat »

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 11:10:25 PM
One week left, get those stories in!

DoWhileNot

• Matross
    • doWhilenot.wordpress.com
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 04:10:34 PM
Just have a quick question about submissions - when we submit out stories through the portal as word document attachments, should we include the story title and the by line in the file, or leave those off to make it easier on you when you're copying the text into the forum for voting?

Thanks!

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 12:44:44 AM
Most everyone includes them, but it really doesn't matter.

Schrodingrr

• Matross
    • Author Site
Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:29:28 PM
Slipping in just under the wire, and submitting mine now! I'm very excited. These contests are always so much fun. A massive thank-you to Ocicat for all of the work you're putting into coordinating it!  ;D

This sentence serves no purpose, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.