Author Topic: yummy phoneness  (Read 16783 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: March 23, 2008, 09:12:46 PM
I am currently on my new blackberry curve. I am very glad these forums can be viewed on here! While its not as maneuverable as the iphone, its still very easy to use, and its a lot cheaper than the iphone.  Downside is no aim but that's minor when u can text.  Anyways, to anyone thinking of getting the curve, I say go ahead! Its a great phone

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:57:10 PM
I just can't see spending that kind of money on something like that.  May total mobile phone expense averages out to about 2€ a month.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:46:11 AM
I'm with Nash on this.  I use my phone for two things: making calls, and as an alarm clock.  This years-old Motorola suits me just fine.

And I like it to sound like a phone when it rings.  Not like a tinny little jukebox.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:49 AM
I'm with Nash on this.  I use my phone for two things: making calls, and as an alarm clock.  This years-old Motorola suits me just fine.

And I like it to sound like a phone when it rings.  Not like a tinny little jukebox.

Ha!  That's the sound my wife chose for our cell (I don't need one... there's simply no point).  It makes this loud "rRRRRRiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggg" that makes people above a certain age jump and start looking for an actual phone, and makes people below that age (like her Girl Scout troop) look bewildered and ask, "What's that awful noise?"

(Of course, a depressingly large number of things causes her Girl Scout troop to look bewildered.)

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:52 AM
I just can't see spending that kind of money on something like that.  May total mobile phone expense averages out to about 2€ a month.
What is that?  About $50 now?

Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither.

Russell Nash

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:21:45 PM

About five years ago it was $1.56. Now it's about $3.10.  It means a friend of mine, who lives in the states, came back to see her family over christmas.  I asked her to bring me three pairs of Levis.  They cost me less the 75% of what one pair costs here.

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 02:40:01 PM

About five years ago it was $1.56. Now it's about $3.10.  It means a friend of mine, who lives in the states, came back to see her family over christmas.  I asked her to bring me three pairs of Levis.  They cost me less the 75% of what one pair costs here.

That's okay.  We're going to print our way to wealth.  Thanks, economic stimulus package.  You'll solve all our problems!

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 06:04:35 PM

That's okay.  We're going to print our way to wealth.  Thanks, economic stimulus package.  You'll solve all our problems!

What's that smell?  Is it irony or denial?  I can't tell.

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:00 PM
Close.  It's sarcasm and disgust that our government doesn't undersand simple economics.

To get back on track - cool phone Bdoomed.  It even showed up with a little phone icon on the topic page.  Did you pick that, or did the forums know you are on a phone?

Russell Nash

Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 06:59:58 PM
Close.  It's sarcasm and disgust that our government doesn't undersand simple economics.

Hmm  We agree again.  That's scary.

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 07:05:59 PM
So we agree on religion (real religion...not TCoRN), fiscal policy, and one's right to own attack dogs.  We disagree on one's abiltiy to own a firearm.  Three out of four ain't bad.

Russell Nash

Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 08:08:50 PM
So we agree on religion (real religion...not TCoRN), fiscal policy, and one's right to own attack dogs.  We disagree on one's abiltiy to own a firearm.  Three out of four ain't bad.

We probably don't agree on the dog thing. Mine would only attack someone if they were a clear danger to my family.  Otherwise she's a chicken.  Reread my comments in the gun thread.  I'm not against gun ownership.  I said your reason for owning a gun was lame.  I asked how you would keep them from criminals.

TCoRn is the only real religion.

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 01:40:38 AM

We probably don't agree on the dog thing. Mine would only attack someone if they were a clear danger to my family.  Otherwise she's a chicken.  Reread my comments in the gun thread.  I'm not against gun ownership.  I said your reason for owning a gun was lame.  I asked how you would keep them from criminals.

I'm not reopening that can of worms.  I get too worked up.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 01:42:07 AM

There's always the road to apostasy, Chodon.  I'm here if you need me.

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:15 AM

Thanks, but I was talking about the gun thread. TCoRN is just silly. 

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:37 AM
To get back on track - cool phone Bdoomed.  It even showed up with a little phone icon on the topic page.  Did you pick that, or did the forums know you are on a phone?
just noticed that, haha it knew i was on a phone

anyways, my internet was down on my computer (software issue) for 2 days.  but lo and behold i have a phone that can still keep up with my email, forums, friends, etc.

take THAT nonbelievers!

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 02:34:09 AM

Thanks, but I was talking about the gun thread. TCoRN is just silly. 

You just made me so proud...  would you like to join my splinter sect?

(Sorry for hijacking your phone thread with this "just silly" stuff, Bdoomed; I don't even like phones.  Comes from working telemarketing jobs in high school.  :( )

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 04:13:05 AM
aah dont worry, im a major supporter of devolving threads into mindless banter about TCoRN

...speaking of which, you will pay for your transgressions!

Russell Nash

Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 05:38:45 PM
aah dont worry, im a major supporter of devolving threads into mindless banter about TCoRN

I'm working up a good static shock.  I hope to eventually be able to work up to lightning bolts.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:05 AM

I'm working up a good static shock.  I hope to eventually be able to work up to lightning bolts.

Oooh!  Great Poll idea! 

"If you were a deity and could only throw one lightning bolt, which forum denizen would you zap?"

I hope I win!

Russell Nash

Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 06:01:38 PM

Oooh!  Great Poll idea! 

"If you were a deity and could only throw one lightning bolt, which forum denizen would you zap?"

I hope I win!

I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the biggest bull's eye.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #21 on: March 28, 2008, 04:26:52 AM

Oooh!  Great Poll idea! 

I hope I win!

I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the biggest bull's eye.

Is that a challenge?  If someone starts the poll, I'll be in there trash-talking to draw votes.

On a completely unrelated side note, I wonder why my first-grader seems to be acting out at school to get negative attention.  Is the boy loony?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 04:36:48 PM
id smite TAD.

if my son was actin out to get attention id slap him across the face "IS THIS ENOUGH ATTENTION FOR YA BOY? HUH? HUUUUH?!!!! now STOP IT FOOL!"

im gonna be a great parent.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:36:52 AM
id smite TAD.

if my son was actin out to get attention id slap him across the face "IS THIS ENOUGH ATTENTION FOR YA BOY? HUH? HUUUUH?!!!! now STOP IT FOOL!"

im gonna be a great parent.

Note: that sort of thing is NOT to be joked about at the grocery store.  Nor is "buying duct tape as a cheap alternative to babysitting" or "do you have four of those electric dog training collars in..." (gestures at four children) "...each of these sizes?"

SuperFresh lady got real stern-like, and said that actually happened in her building.   :-\

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 07:41:01 PM
I just replaced an iPhone 5 (hand-me-down from Mom) with an Android Tracfone burner. The iPhone was draining its battery at a ludicrous rate and it just had to go.
Now I can play Final Fantasy III on the go - I have 3 thru 6 plus 4:After Years and FF Dimensions for Android through the Google Play store, bought years ago for my Android tablet, and I was planning on playing them all through (I did FF 1 and 2 on my PC using a NES emulator).

Nice things about Android over iPhone:
Full access to all files on the device
Removable/replaceable battery
Removable/replaceable SD card (up to 32 gigabytes for this model)
Bigger screen

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising