Author Topic: Looking for a fluent Basque speaker  (Read 2811 times)

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
on: March 25, 2008, 12:24:56 PM
Because all knowledge is contained in, I thought I'd ask here.

I have a short story set in Spain, for which I need a few lines of dialogue translated into Basque.

I do not speak Basque.  I could use an online translator (these are fairly straightforward phrases, on the level of "Thank God, we've found you"  and "RUN!"), but I have a huge honking pet peeve about languages being used incorrectly in text, so I really want to get it right.

Know a Basque/English speaker?  Would they be willing to do about five lines worth of translation for me?  PM me!  Thanks!

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

eytanz

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:39:54 PM
I know someone who could help, but I won't be able to ask him until the end of April.

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 12:58:47 PM
I know someone who could help, but I won't be able to ask him until the end of April.

Oh huzzah, excellent.  Now I've got a good deadline for the second draft (so it's the right 5 lines being translated).  Want me to ping you on my request about mid-April or will you remember?

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

eytanz

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:05:02 PM

Oh huzzah, excellent.  Now I've got a good deadline for the second draft (so it's the right 5 lines being translated).  Want me to ping you on my request about mid-April or will you remember?

Ping me around April 20th, since the next time I see him is April 21.