Author Topic: CatsCast 341: Bargain  (Read 995 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: April 03, 2021, 02:19:50 AM
CatsCast 341: Bargain

Author: Sarah Gailey
Narrator: Trendane Sparks
Host: Laura Pearlman
Audio Producer: Peter Behravesh

“Bargain” first appeared in Mothership Zeta (Dec 2015)

Malachai loved his work. He loved wandering among the trappings of enormous wealth and influence, seeing the baubles that humans excreted to express their status. He especially loved watching those wealthy, influential mortals tremble before the might of his inescapable superiority.

Malachai worked exclusively with those humans who had found themselves at the limit of how much power they could possess. They called him to bend the rules of time and space around their whims, so that they might be even more feared and loved by the other mortals. Their desires were predictable—money, knowledge, talent, authority. These were the kinds of people who hunted down ancient parchments with the Words of Invocation inscribed upon them. These were the kinds of people who did not concern their consciences with the compensation Malachai required for his services.

They appreciated a bit of theatrical flair.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Lisa3737

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 04:53:43 PM
Thank you for a delightful story with perfect narration!

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Dammit... after listening to this April 1st episode, I'm imagining EA's founder, Alistair, in a fluffy cat suit.  :o  No. No. You won't have to watch out for me in the shadows, sir. No stalking on my end.  ;)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 09:16:36 AM
I would listen to a cat fiction podcast.

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 07:06:44 PM
I would listen to a cat fiction podcast.
We all would. We awl wood.  ::)

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.