Author Topic: DragonCon 2007 - Atlanta - Sept 1-3  (Read 38627 times)

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
    • My website: awesomeology.org
Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 04:20:02 PM
Bump that crap. Went with the Airplane and hotel. Damn near the same cost. If you're thinking the same, I found out by booking everything on priceline, I was able to get everything for about the cost of the car rental and gas, AND cheaper than a round trip, non stop airplane ticket from priceline, weird. About $700 for everything *sigh* damn that's alot of money. It'll be nice to sleep in a bed I reckon.

raygunray

• Peltast
  • Sundae, bloody Sundae
    • Diabetic In Candyland
Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 10:41:34 PM
So is there any confirmation that the Escape pod folk will be having lunch or dinner?  BTW, I still have banquet tickets I cant use if anyone is interested.  Message me if you're interested.

Diabetic in Candyland -
Stories about Winning at Losing and Failing Successfully.

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #52 on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:02 PM
I just sent this out in e-mail to the people who had responded that way:

Hi folks,

This is a form letter going out individually to everyone who's expressed interest in a meetup at Dragon*con.  Sorry about the impersonal nature of this.

I've made reservations at the Gordon Biersch Brewpub for SUNDAY, 1 PM.  The brewpub is at 848 Peachtree Street -- it's about a mile due north from the convention hotels.  You can walk it fairly easily, take a taxi, or drive and use their valet parking.  I chose this place because the food is excellent, and it's reasonably close to the con while being just far enough that it won't be completely swamped.

The party name is "Escape Pod."  I made reservations for 30 people.  Only a dozen people responded to me, but I know how these things go and how word spreads, and we may get a *lot* more people showing up.  Unfortunately I can't guarantee seats for anyone; it's unlikely that the whole restaurant will fill up at that time of day, but if you'd like to sit with the crowd, you may want to show up a few minutes early.  I'm going to try to be there by 12:30, along with my wife Anna and Cunning Minx of the Polyamory Weekly podcast.

There's no agenda or topic to this; just good conversation and getting to meet fun people.  We may have some of Minx's listeners there as well, or friends of friends, or anyone else who shows up.  I go to cons largely to socialize, so this'll definitely be fun for me, and I hope it is for you too.  And if you need to reach me with any questions, my personal e-mail address is sfeley@gmail.com and my cell number is 678-517-2350.  A text message to the phone is usually more efficient than calling.

If this sounds good to you, we hope to see you there! 

Have Fun,
 - Stephen Eley
   Editor, Escape Pod
   http://www.escapepod.org

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 01:04:00 AM
Count me +1. I'm not sure exactly at what time it is but I think Mur's autograph session is right around the same time. If we can get some folks together, it'd be great to declare shinanigans in that general area. It sounds like no one showed up to her last one. That's just rediculous.

raygunray

• Peltast
  • Sundae, bloody Sundae
    • Diabetic In Candyland
Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 01:41:25 AM
You sold me at Brewpub. I'll be making my own private production of Wingin' It. Beer is life, life is beer.

Diabetic in Candyland -

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 01:43:00 AM
Count me +1. I'm not sure exactly at what time it is but I think Mur's autograph session is right around the same time. If we can get some folks together, it'd be great to declare shinanigans in that general area. It sounds like no one showed up to her last one. That's just rediculous.

Mur's signing event is at 2:30.  Brewpub standard time being what it is, making it back in time for the start might be pushing it, but you could certainly make it back before the end of her hour.

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 01:26:24 AM
So... awesome... so... tired...

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
Reply #57 on: September 05, 2007, 05:29:09 AM
Yes!  It was a great time, and cool seeing you there, Brandt.

By the way, my con report is now up on my LJ if anyone cares to read it.

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #58 on: September 07, 2007, 12:34:04 AM
Sorry if much of my fanboi got accross. Thanks for dealing with it so gracefully ;)

raygunray

• Peltast
  • Sundae, bloody Sundae
    • Diabetic In Candyland
Reply #59 on: September 07, 2007, 02:20:25 AM
Brandt: Shame we didn't meet up at the Brewpub lunch. I didn't work the room like I should've. I didn't get to meet a lot of other people but perhaps next time.

Steve: You're a true gent and I enjoyed speaking with you. You should be seeing my submissions soon enough.

Here's my podcast report: http://diabeticincandyland.com/.  Also this is posted at podcast pendantry.  Critique invited.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:22:46 AM by raygunray »

Diabetic in Candyland -

BrandtPileggi

• Matross
Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:37 PM
Yeah man! It woulda been nice to meet you seeing as how we must've been sitting 10 feet from each other. We'll catch up at the next one ;)

goatkeeper

Reply #61 on: September 14, 2007, 08:01:27 PM
Yah ray, sorry I didn't get to meet ya either.  Damn you Brandt for being so interesting and conversational! ;D