Author Topic: PseudoPod 757: Flash on the Borderlands LVI: The Heart’s Filthy Lesson  (Read 621 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 757: Flash on the Borderlands LVI: The Heart’s Filthy Lesson

Authors: Couri Johnson, Dorothy Quick, Trace Conger, and Peter Adam Salomon
Narrators: Eliza Chan, Dave Thompson, Amanda Ching, and Lisa Hicks
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Chelsea Davis

“The Woman the Spiders Loved” first appeared in Penultimate Peanut and was reprinted in her 2020 collection I’ll Tell You a Love Story.

“Edge of the Cliff” was first published in Weird Tales in March 1941

“The Memory of Love” originally published in Demonic Visions I in 2013 and reprinted in his 2020 collection PseudoPsalms: Resurrection.

“Three Years Ago this May” first appeared in Shock Totem (Issue #10, March 2016).

Show Notes
“Three Years Ago this May” was my attempt to write a short story with a strong finish. Both Jack Ketchum’s “The Box” and Edwin Arlington Robinson’s poem “Richard Cory” inspired the tale. The question at the center of it all is how do we go on without the one(s) we love.

With her hundred miles to hell

There was a woman who the spiders fell in love with. You knew her in high school, but you weren’t friends. She was plainish. She still is.

But that didn’t matter to the spiders. They thought she was beautiful. It was something about her hair. It’s long. She’s never cut it, and it’s very blonde. A spider saw her waiting for the bus one day, and it fell in love just as it was laying its eggs. When its young hatched and ate their mother’s corpse, they also ate that love.[/i]

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
...scribbles frantically in his crossover fanfic where the Woman the Spiders Loved meets the Girl Who Loved Caterpillars...

---

I wish the couple in "Three Years Ago This May" would have a conversation about this.  A good therapist could really help sort things out a little.