Author Topic: EP Metacast, April 2016  (Read 2737 times)

eytanz

eytanz

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:57:49 PM
Sorry for not posting the thread sooner - I had some problems with my podcatcher's notifications, so I didn't notice that the metacast dropped until today.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Nathan for all his work with Escape Pod - I was a slush reader for approximately two years with him in charge, until life sort of became too busy for me to sustain that. I know first hand how hard he worked to make sure that the best stories were selected, and how generally great he was to work with. The assistant editor is not as visible a position to the audience as the main editors as hosts, but from my point of view, Nathan choosing to move on marks the end of a great era of Escape Pod. Of course, I have a lot of faith that Divya taking over the position means the beginning on a new great era :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:35:53 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, Nathan!

I have read slush under Nathan too, over at Drabblecast, and can certainly concur at the hardworkingness.  :)

I know Divya will do a great job too.  :)

And welcome Tina as host!  Always a pleasure to hear more Tina.

Devoted135

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55:44 PM
Aw, thanks for all that you've put into Escape Pod, Nathan! I hope you'll still be around the forums during all that free time that you'll of course be getting back... :P

Welcome Divya, I'm excited to hear the stories you put up for Norm's consideration! And yay, Tina as host! :)

Captain (none given)

• Extern
  • Activate Ridiculosity Drive
Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:59:46 PM
I don't know how you guys do it, but that was the most hilarious Metacast I think I've ever heard. Excited for for all our new people! Great to hear that you guys will be having some superior people helping out behind the scenes.

"The idea is to write it so that people hear it and it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart." -- Maya Angelou