Author Topic: PseudoPod 760: Akiko’s Legacy  (Read 904 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: June 06, 2021, 01:14:43 AM
PseudoPod 760: Akiko’s Legacy

Author: Eugie Foster
Narrator: Kara Grace
Host: Alasdair Stuart
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

PseudoPod 760: Akiko’s Legacy is a PseudoPod original.

“Mother, why are Grandma and Gramps ashamed of Father?”

Akiko smoothed back the unruly curls from her son’s face. Robert needed a haircut. The tips of his brown hair had begun to feather up around his ears. His father’s hair had done that. Martin had called it his “bozo-the-clown look” and had the offending locks lopped off as soon as possible.

“Why do you think they’re ashamed of him, darling?”

Robert tolerated her ministrations, although she saw a glimmer of impatience behind his eyes. “They don’t like talking about him,” he said. “Every time I ask about him, they change the subject or get sorta quiet and weird.”

“People sometimes don’t like to talk about the deceased.” Akiko forced herself to stop fussing with her son’s hair. “It makes them uncomfortable.”

“It’s more than that.”

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Scuba Man

• Lochage
  • Drabblecast, Pseudopod, Escapepod, Podcastle
    • Black Cat Bed And Breakfast (proposed start up 2024)
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:51:15 PM
In this episode, I find the road to hell is (awesomely) paved with good intentions. Initially, I thought this episode was more appropriate in the Escape Pod thread... and then...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
   :o
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 06:54:50 PM by Scuba Man »

I'm a stand-up philosopher until 2024. Then, I move onto my next gig. I'm a gentleman forester and farmer. I also enjoy jumping into Lake Huron and panicking the fish.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 04:14:46 AM

In this episode, I find the road to hell is (awesomely) paved with good intentions. Initially, I thought this episode was more appropriate in the Escape Pod thread... and then...

There's a lot of nice overlap between genres, which is why we like to have Weird Science Horror showcases. Be advised we're pivoting to Fantasy (specifically the faery tale) next month.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”