Author Topic: A Map of You (the users)  (Read 36949 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
on: April 03, 2008, 05:02:08 AM
As an outgrowth of the Where is everybody located? thread in About PseudoPod,  we created a map so that all of the forumers could see where everybody else is, so I'm posting it here for all the people that don't look in the Pseudopod forums. Feel free to join, or not to join, it's about a 10 second process and the only additional information you're giving beyond what you give to register here is your general location, obviously.

Unfortunately the Flash app is done in such a way that I can't embed it in here, but I'll try to keep the screen shots somewhat current.

Click here to see the map/add yourself!

(Some people have noted having problems seeing attached images in posts, if you don't see the 4 screengrabs below this post, please let us know)

edited because Heradel's brain no work good one aei em past
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:58:59 PM by Heradel »

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 10:54:24 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for Cammo, all alone there at the bottom of the world. At least everyone else has somebody within 5,000 kilometers.

I'm finding it interesting that there's more of a Midwest population than East/West coast, even though the country's population is more concentrated on the coasts.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 01:38:46 AM
Is there any way to change the comment?  Can't seem to change / delete the comment I left.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:41:37 AM
Is there any way to change the comment?  Can't seem to change / delete the comment I left.

If you gave them your email they should have emailed you a password, login and click on the dot and you should see an "edit this dot" thing down at the bottom of the text bubble.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 02:19:27 AM
Kewl!  (I've always been a sucker for maps.)

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 04:50:28 AM
Ocicat and I are practically neighbors.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 05:47:52 AM
Neat idea. *waves at Heradel from juuuust over the border*

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 06:00:25 AM
Neat idea. *waves at Heradel from juuuust over the border*

* Heradel waves back

I'll be updating the maps about once a day from now on, or if there's a deluge of new dots onto the map.

williamjamesw

• Palmer
Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 07:10:13 AM
I'll add myself as soon as I remember how to add myself.  Haven't been to Frappr in a couple years, and I think I forgot how to use it.  (or, it might not work well with my browser + slow connection)

I'll just go back to being silent again now.

CammoBlammo

• Matross
Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 11:45:10 AM
I'm starting to feel sorry for Cammo, all alone there at the bottom of the world. At least everyone else has somebody within 5,000 kilometers.

Now don't go feeling too sorry for me. I'm happy having no friends, and most of my enemies feel the same way.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:20:04 PM
Ocicat and I are practically neighbors.

Pacific Northwest - REPRESENT!

Russell Nash

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 06:57:15 PM
Could we somehow represent that there are two dots in Berlin.  One is about 15km north and slightly east of the other.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 07:07:55 PM
Could we somehow represent that there are two dots in Berlin.  One is about 15km north and slightly east of the other.
I think one of you would need to put in the zip code equivalent. If they're different zip codes it'll move it, otherwise I'm not sure how to.

Russell Nash

Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 07:14:57 PM
I think one of you would need to put in the zip code equivalent. If they're different zip codes it'll move it, otherwise I'm not sure how to.

I was looking for you to photoshop it.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:52 PM

Ah. Gotcha. I will tonight with the updated screengrabs.

williamjamesw

• Palmer
Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 01:19:50 AM
OK.  Worked better today; loaded quick, and I now have a dot.  (Thumb of Michigan.)  :D

I'll just go back to being silent again now.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 01:46:08 AM
Happy?

Chodon

• Lochage
  • Molon Labe
Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 01:50:44 AM
Oh, man.  There's someone in Allendale, like 20 minutes from me.  Cool.  I haven't seen anyone named Anonymous post around here though... ???

Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 02:02:14 AM
OK.  Worked better today; loaded quick, and I now have a dot.  (Thumb of Michigan.)  :D

You realise that you're going to have to visit Wahjamega and let us know if there's anything strange going on there, right?

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Russell Nash

Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 05:04:07 PM
Happy?
Now you're being silly.

What's the difference between blue and yellow dots?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 05:44:02 PM
Happy?
Now you're being silly.

You can apparently set gender, so male(blue) and female(pink — I didn't pick the colorsnevermind it's red), however none of the girls have declared themselves as such for the maps. Yellow's someone who hasn't declared.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:03:16 PM by Heradel »

Russell Nash

Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 06:56:07 PM
Happy?
Now you're being silly.

You can apparently set gender, so male(blue) and female(pink — I didn't pick the colorsnevermind it's red), however none of the girls have declared themselves as such for the maps. Yellow's someone who hasn't declared.

Didn't see a place for that.  Have to check that sometime.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:02 AM
it depends if you are just a yellow dot or a super intelligent shade of blue.

yellow dots are visitors, blue are guys, guess what the red dot is for...
super intelligent shades of blue are egotistical maniacs.   Sooo you for one should be a SISoB

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 02:07:43 AM

super intelligent shades of blue are egotistical maniacs.   Sooo you for one should be a SISoB
I'm Robotic.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 02:11:40 AM

Figured I should screw with it a bit.