Author Topic: PodCastle Episode 1: "Come Lady Death" by Peter Beagle  (Read 43694 times)

Rain

• Matross
Reply #50 on: April 14, 2008, 03:43:27 PM
There were many interesting ideas here and i really liked the first half, after that it just seemed to dra out a little, could have done with maybe 5 minutes cut out there

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 04:10:03 PM
There were many interesting ideas here and i really liked the first half, after that it just seemed to dra out a little, could have done with maybe 5 minutes cut out there
Really?
I though it was pretty well timed. Where do you think it was drawn on too long?

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

sonata

• Extern
Reply #52 on: April 14, 2008, 11:20:39 PM
Just wondering--did Peter S. Beagle himself submit this story to PodCastle?

Nobilis

• Peltast
    • Nobilis Erotica Podcast
Reply #53 on: April 14, 2008, 11:55:17 PM
I'm fairly certain that Our Esteemed Editor occasionally goes out to solicit stories he likes.

Rachel Swirsky

• Hipparch
    • PodCastle
Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 04:05:25 AM
It's my understanding that Peter Beagle and his business manager approached Steve.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 04:31:30 AM
It's my understanding that Peter Beagle and his business manager approached Steve.

Steve's said in the past that authors have come to him after getting letters from fans telling them to go to Steve, so if you want something in EP/PP/PC you might want to try writing the author a letter.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 08:34:34 AM
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I still have to aggree with the majority.
That was a really really good story and an excellent first story for the Best Fantasy Podcast that I expect Podcastle to be.

coldwater

• Extern
Reply #57 on: April 19, 2008, 02:41:01 PM
yawn.

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #58 on: April 19, 2008, 02:44:07 PM
yawn.
Wow... tough crowd. :)
Care to expound?

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #59 on: November 12, 2009, 09:38:10 PM
I really liked this one, but I'm usually a sucker for Death as an anthropomorphic personifcation, especially one where Death has different than typical qualities (like Pratchett's or this one).

I think it's cool how this story was done without a single supernatural occurrence happening on-screen.

I like how Death was so insecure, not what I would've expected at all.  I saw the ending coming a little way away, but it wasn't any worse for it.

It's no surprise this tale has passed the test of time!