Author Topic: Basil Munroe Godevenos' Writing Progress  (Read 7979 times)

bamugo

• Palmer
on: June 14, 2007, 06:07:42 PM
Ahoy.

For a LONG time now I've had this goal: to actually get butt in chair and write a novel. I think I've started about 50 or 60 of them over the last 10 years or so. I've read enough forums and listened to enough podcasts on the subject of writing to realise that mine is not a unique experience. I'm sure many folks here have unfinished projects lying around (or deleted in frustration after they'd been sitting, dormant, on a hard disk somewhere for months on end).

I am begging, nay, grovelling for your encouragement, accountibility, and rage. I am assigning myself a reasonable quota of 2000 words per week, in any document relating to the novel, whether it be the novel itself, the "story bible" to use a Murism, or any of the character profiles.

I'll be keeping tallies of the word counts in each document, as well as mentioning what chapter I'm working on. If you're interested, feel free to ask questions about my novel, and if I feel I can answer them without giving too much away, I will!

Story Bible: 1353
Char-Cor: 811
Novel: 277

More updates soon!

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 06:20:51 PM
"story bible" to use a Murism

I believe the term is older than Mur Lafferty (I'm guessing that's the Mur in question). I've seen it referenced elsewhere, including on the BSG podcast.

Good luck, I have around 3 of those unfinished... fragments. I'm going to get back to at least one of them, but when... well, that I know not.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

bamugo

• Palmer
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:36:16 PM
Oh I'm sure it is older than Mur's using of it. In fact, I think she even mentioned that the term is borrowed, but she is the only one I've heard use it in any volume. It is a Murism merely because she uses it.

Alas, part of my trouble is an inability to go back to a fragment. If I was able to do that, perhaps one of them would be finished by now!

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 08:49:45 PM
Well, in all honesty the project I'm working on now is incorporating parts/ideas of two of those fragments, so they're rarely that far from my mind. I'll probably end up burning through one of them for the current project, but the other is only really giving cameo's.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

bamugo

• Palmer
Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:30:25 PM
Well, after nearly a year, I'm back in the seat. As of right now I'm 2.6% into what should turn out to be a fun, slightly humorous fantasy novel. Chapter 1 is drafted. I'm skipping chapter 2 for now because chapter 3 is going to be more fun to write.

The goal here is to have a completed draft (which to me just means 90,000 words and some semblance of a beginning, middle and end) by the end of the year.

I'm using Scrivener to write it - which is helping me out a lot!

Chivalrybean

• Peltast
    • The Space Turtle
Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 06:44:43 PM
Keep it up!  :D

The Space Turtle - News that didn't happen, stories to entertain.