Escape Artists
December 11, 2017, 08:04:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How big is your podcast backlog?  (Read 24400 times)
Russell Nash
« on: January 26, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »

How big is your podcast backlog? The podcasts on you r computer you want to listen to , but haven't yet.

Mine is currently:

4 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes, and 30 seconds.
CrushEm
Extern

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:44 PM »

3 Days at the moment, but I've been trying to catch up like crazy this last week.  If you asked me 7 days ago, it would have been about 6 or 7 days!  Shocked
FNH
Matross

F Napoleon H

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 02:34:59 PM »

1 day ish. 

If it was 3 days, I have to take some time off work.

Vanamonde
Extern

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 05:42:03 AM »

Thankfully I can listen to podcasts at work (it relieves the tedium), so only get a backlog when I'm on holiday.
Russell Nash
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »

4 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes, and 30 seconds.

Found a few new podcasts. Now my backlog is 4 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes, and 58 seconds.
madjo
Palmer

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:43 AM »

I think it mounts up to about 3 hours... So much great stuff to listen to, so little time.
therese
Extern

word wrangler

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

Just checked for subscription updates...and it's now 4 days, 18 hours and 13 minutes.

Either I go on vacation or AWOL from work and life. *facepalm*

Feel your worries melt away - listen to EP52: Single White Farmhouse
CGFxColONeill
Matross

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 09:53:49 PM »

about 5.4 days for me lol kinda new to the whole podcast thing so I have found alot of new stuff that I want to try out

at least I will be getting a car adapter for my ipod on my bday
and since I drive about 1.5 hrs a day I will hopefuly be able to catch up with it

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over
CammoBlammo
Matross

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »

at least I will be getting a car adapter for my ipod on my bday
and since I drive about 1.5 hrs a day I will hopefuly be able to catch up with it

My problem is that my town is five minutes from end to end. I can't even listen to the Drabblecast in one sitting.

So I've started to walk a lot more, and most days now I get at least a half hour stroll in. Great stories and lots of exercise! All I have to do now is work out what to subscribe to once the backlog runs out!
Heradel
Bill Peters, EP Assistant
Hipparch

Part-Time Psychopomp.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 02:31:09 AM »

3 days, 17 hours, and 5 minutes. It seems like whenever it gets down to about a day I go out and find new podcasts to binge on.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.
Nobilis
Peltast

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 07:10:02 AM »

Twelve hours.  I tend to keep on top of things, and if I'm falling behind, I pull something from my feeds.

I'm ruthless.

If I find myself running out of things to listen to, I login to Podiobooks and release more chapters.  I've got several books there on "monthly" which I use to fill in when the weekly podcasters are having a bad week.
Darwinist
Hipparch

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »

I was down to about 5 hours but I now have about 40 or so Drabblecast to listen to.   I listen primarily in my car (30 minutes a day) and on dog walks.  It's been below zero F and crazy windy the last two days so I've fallen behind on the dog walk listening time.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan
Listener
Hipparch

I place things in locations which later elude me.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 11:38:57 AM »

I have about 15 things to listen to right now, so about 7-8 hours.  I don't listen to a LOT of podcasts, but I did recently add three more.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42
williamjamesw
Palmer

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 12:07:23 AM »

I've currently got about 165 items qued up to download.  (Dial-up connection, what has downloaded is usually listened to immediately.)  Some of the casts originally came in on the feeds way back in August of '07.  The list used to be longer, but I've dropped several casts that weren't worth the effort , and some older episodes of the ones that I really plan on keeping up with. 

I'm only actually caught up with:
Escape Pod
60 Second Science
Joss'd
Strangely Literal
Buffy between the Lines
Science Talk
and Counterspin

I'm barely holding my ground at the moment. Undecided (But I have lots of patience)  Grin

I'll just go back to being silent again now.
Loz
Lochage

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 01:53:29 AM »

1.2 days at the moment, though as I'm working through the entire runs of Metamor City and Skeptoid, if I downloaded all of them it would probably be closer to 2 days.
gelee
Lochage

It's a missile, boy.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 07:52:32 AM »

3 or 4 hours.  If it get's too backlogged, I start dropping podcasts.  "Adventures in SciFi Publishing" and "Starship Sofa" got the axe most recently.  "I Should Be Writing" will probably go next.  I just don't like having a ton of crap in my podcasts list.
DDog
Matross

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

About four days. I have 137 unlistened episodes that sync to my iPod ,and about 160 total including the ones that I haven't listened to yet but don't carry around with me. I have 40 podcasts in my subscription list but there are about five that seem to have podfaded since I picked them up.

Ask a Tranny Podcast
"Watching someone bootstrap themselves into sentience is the most science fiction thing you can do." -wintermute
Czhorat
Peltast

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:31 PM »

I'm with gelee. I'm usually down to zero by Wednesday or so, after which point I listen to a bit of an audio book while I wait for new episodes. If something just piles up it's probably not worth subscribing to.

The Word of Nash is the word of Nash and it is Nash's word.
CGFxColONeill
Matross

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »

how about lists of what is in the back log?

currently caught up w/ all eps that Itunes will let me get then I have a about 3 news feeds ( 2 npr @ 7 AM and 7 PM, and an election coverage one), and that is most of the podcasts atm but I have some podiobooks as well so ya
anyone else?

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over
williamjamesw
Palmer

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »

I'm waiting on episodes (some more than others) of:

Winging It
The WhedonCast
The Signal
Sonic Society
Slice of Sci-Fi
PodCulture
Upside Down and Halfway to Happy Land
Skeptics Guide to the Universe
Firefly Talk
The Babylon Podcast
Three Edged Sword (a B5 audio drama)

I'd be caught up on a lot more if the servers that they are hosted on allowed resuming; (I hate getting over 90% downloaded, and then suddenly the server claims to be busy and I have to try all over again from the beginning.)  ARGH! Angry

I'll just go back to being silent again now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: