Author Topic: New Podcast Looking for Submissions  (Read 7147 times)

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
on: April 18, 2008, 07:01:42 PM
Hi, I'm starting a new podcast called "Letters to Lost Friends" and I'm am looking for submissions. Basically, it's a podcast devoted to friends that we have lost along the way of life - whether through simple inattention or because of arguments or those who have passed away. The tag line for the show is "a place to say the unsaid."

While the show will contain some of my own reflections and thoughts, I'm really hoping to read other people's letters as part of the show.

For more information, the website is http://letterstolostfriends.com. This is my first podcast that I'm producing and, in addition to submissions, I really hope to get feedback and suggestions on how to make the podcast better - so if it sounds at all interesting to you, I hope you will check it out.

Thanks!

Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness? - Artemus Ward

goatkeeper

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 08:52:55 PM
what a really neat idea.  reminds me of post secret a little but in audio form.
Looking forward to first episode.
My only suggestion would be to consider opening it up more- not just letters to lost friends.  Lost lovers, lost children, lost startup businesses, lost goals, lost pets, lost .doc files - it might add diversity and I bet you'll get more submissions.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 06:09:25 PM
I'm pretty open to defining "lost" and "friends" however people want to define them . . . ok, lost .doc files might be pushing it a bit far from my original concept. :)

shwankie

Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 11:24:32 PM
Very interesting idea! I, too, am looking forward to listening.

Question: Do the letters necessarily need to be someone you miss, or can it also be someone who you are glad is gone? Not nastily written, more things like freeing yourself from a friend who was a bad influence, an abusive parent, etc.? Again, not nasty, but constructive?

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 09:21:53 AM

Question: Do the letters necessarily need to be someone you miss, or can it also be someone who you are glad is gone? Not nastily written, more things like freeing yourself from a friend who was a bad influence, an abusive parent, etc.? Again, not nasty, but constructive?

She asks, preparing her poison pen.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:26:53 AM

That wasn't my original intent, but I like it - it will keep the show from getting too maudlin and work with the "a place to say the unsaid" tagline.

Feel free to fire away!

You can send submissions to submit@letterstolostfriends.com (or just send me a direct message here if that's easier - I'm not picky).

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:29:26 AM
One way or another on anonymous/pseudonymous publication?  I imagine I'm not the only one who might be freer of pen if I knew things wouldn't get back to people involved in the situation.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 11:42:35 AM
One way or another on anonymous/pseudonymous publication?  I imagine I'm not the only one who might be freer of pen if I knew things wouldn't get back to people involved in the situation.

That is up to the person submitting. If you want complete anonymity on the show it's yours. If you want to use names, that's ok too.

I have some guidelines over at http://letterstolostfriends.com/submit/. I'm actually going to tweak them this weekend to explain more about what I'm looking for - and thank you for your questions here because they are helping me clarify and expand my initial idea!

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 02:50:36 AM
This is a really cool idea for a podcast.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 01:16:40 AM
Thanks!

:)

Now I just need to get people to send me some "letters to lost friends" or "friends of the day!"

Hint, hint . . .

Troo

• Palmer
    • Hello Spacegirl
Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 12:08:45 PM
Are you only accepting text, or would you accept an MP3?

Trudi Topham,
Editor, Pantechnicon.
Editor, Hub.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 05:49:56 PM
I will take mp3s - but would prefer to have the initial submission as text within an email. Just let clear that you want to record it yourself and I'll get back to you about how to send me the audio file.

You can send the initial submission to submit@letterstolostfriends.com

Troo

• Palmer
    • Hello Spacegirl
Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 03:04:09 PM
Gotcha. Thanks :)

Trudi Topham,
Editor, Pantechnicon.
Editor, Hub.

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 09:44:44 PM
I will take mp3s - but would prefer to have the initial submission as text within an email. Just let clear that you want to record it yourself and I'll get back to you about how to send me the audio file.

And by "just let clear" I really meant "just be clear" . . . or "just let me know."

I blame the saki.