Author Topic: PC722: Said the Princess  (Read 672 times)

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
on: February 16, 2022, 01:17:50 AM
PodCastle 722: Said the Princess

Author: Dani Atkinson
Narrators: Andrew K. Hoe, Kitty Sarkozy, and Katherine Inskip
Host: Matt Dovey
Audio Producer: Peter Adrian Behravesh

Previously published by Daily Science Fiction

---

Show Notes
Rated PG-13

Once upon a time in a far-off land, in a tiny room, in a tall tower, at the centre of a vast and impenetrable maze, the princess Adrienna cocked her head and frowned.

“Who said that?” said the princess.

She looked around the tower room, but saw no one.

“This isn’t funny. Who’s there?” said the princess.

She crouched by the bed. Underneath it she found the chamber pot and a nervous brown spider. The princess shuddered. Straightening up quickly and dusting off her rosy skirts, she paced the circumference of the room, searching every inch. There were not many inches to search, as after all it was a prison, and not elaborately furnished or overburdened with good hiding places.

“Where is that coming from? Who are you?” said the princess, stopping by the barred window.

“No, really, who are you? And quit saying ‘said the princess’ after everything I say!” said the prin . . . Oh.

“Yes, ‘Oh’.”

The princess . . . probably wasn’t supposed to hear that.

Listen to this week's PodCastle.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

Wilson Fowlie

• Hipparch
    • The Maple Leaf Singers
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 09:43:55 PM
I really enjoyed this one a lot.

Anyone else who did may want to check out Seven-Day Magic by Edward Eager - it's another lovely example of the book and the characters interacting with each other. (All 7 of the Edward Eager magic books are delightful, of course.)

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham

danooli

• Who Doesn't Love Stories?
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 01:52:35 PM
That was absolutely awesome. The story, the narrations, the production...all of it.