Author Topic: PseudoPod 798: Flash on the Borderlands LX: Words Like Violence  (Read 552 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
PseudoPod 798: Flash on the Borderlands LX: Words Like Violence

Authors: Donyae Coles, Mary Berman, and Kat Day
Narrators: Cherrae L. Stuart, Suna Dasi, and Katherine Inskip
Host: M. M. Schill
Audio Producer: Marty Perrett

“Sometimes Boys Don’t Know” was originally published in the July 2021 issue of Nightmare Magazine.“Human Body as Compendium” is a PseudoPod original.“Never Enough Pockets” is a PseudoPod original 

Content Warning:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Show Notes
“Human Body as Compendium”: “In moments of high anxiety I like to imagine that I can crack my skull open and take my brain out and put it somewhere else for a while. “Human Body as Compendium” carries this impulse to its natural conclusion.”“Never Enough Pockets”: inspired by both what happened to Sarah Everard and the shocking conduct of the police during the subsequent vigil on 13th March 2021, see here for some info

“Words are very unnecessary; They can only do harm”

“Bonnie,” I say. He asked my name! I should have thought of something, but I wasn’t expecting him to notice me. Talk to me. “Bonnie,” I repeat, fighting down nerves, ignoring the fluttering in my middle, hoping I sounded closer to those other girls, the ones he likes. I’ve been practicing.

“Bonnie,” he repeats, smooth as his smile, and my insides tickle and shudder. Bonnie was good. Simple. He liked simple. I could be simple. For him, I could be anything.

My eyes feel too wide, and I blink to try to make them normal. I pull my lips into a smile, tell my body to be still, relax.

“Where are your friends? Did you come alone?” He’s looking around now and those flutters in me drop, turn into a pit. I want him to look at me. Just at me.

“I came by myself,” I offer. Is this the right answer? I don’t know.

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?