Author Topic: PseudoPod 812: The Old Switcheroo  (Read 664 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: June 26, 2022, 04:58:48 AM
PseudoPod 812: The Old Switcheroo

Author: Christi Nogle
Narrator: Sheila Regan
Host: Kat Day
Audio Producer: Chelsea Davis

“The Old Switcheroo” will appear in the anthology What One Wouldn’t Do from Scott J. Moses in autumn 2021. The publisher has given permission for the exclusivity period to be waived.

Calvin and I have been happy here, all told. With both of us orphaned early on, we were lucky to find each other, lucky to get out of the city and find this valley. We were luckier still to find this house well stocked with board games and books, space to spread out, a good woodshop and pantry, a fine roof, and a well-stocked gun cabinet. We had the orchard out back and the tools to tend it, even some supplies of fertilizers and sprays. A late-model truck in the garage, insurance in case we needed to leave in a hurry sometime. 

In twenty years, we’ve never needed the truck. I can’t remember how many years ago it quit starting. That’s all right. 

Our happiness could have been more perfect in only one way: we could have finally gotten together. We could have made a family. It seemed like it was going there once or twice, so why didn’t we follow through?

Listen to this week's PseudoPod.
Follow us on YouTube and Spotify!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?