Author Topic: CoW Ep. 500: Ysarin (And Ep. 522!)  (Read 1186 times)

Languorous Lass

on: July 18, 2022, 02:38:08 AM
Cast of Wonders 500: Ysarin

Also, Episode 522! A Staff Pick for 2022! Hosted by Author and Associate Editor Simon Pan!

• Author: Simon Pan
• Narrator: Karlo Yeager Rodríguez
• Host, Episode 522: Simon Pan
• Host, Episode 500: Katherine Inskip
• Audio Producer:  Jeremy Carter

"Ysarin" is a Cast of Wonders original.

Click here to listen to Episode 522
Click here to listen to Episode 500

On days when I came home crying, my grandmother was always there with her song.

It was a tune friendly and old as the roads that crossed Mazael: the sort you shared while you watched the land roll away on horseback, or sitting at a moonlit fireside among familiar faces. I would lean against my grandmother on our rickety porch and breathe in her scent as she sang to the street.

Magic lay in that song, the notes so delicate you could tell a story about each one. As the beginning strands of music twined together, I would be transported to a place that let me forget the ache in my chest, a city of an entirely different skin than our Lenniel. A place of worn streets and thatched roofs wrapped in the smell of woodsmoke and fresh ale. A sunset, a fire, the sky on fire and the streets ablaze with torchlight.

Tags:   belonging, families, grandmothers, heritage, Jeremy Carter, Karlo Yeager Rodriguez, Katherine Inskip, music, Simon Pan, Staff Picks 2022, teen protagonist, young adult fiction, young author
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 08:57:59 PM by Languorous Lass »