Author Topic: Medieval Podcasts  (Read 5094 times)

davedoty

• Peltast
on: May 14, 2008, 04:02:13 AM
I've found podcasts that I enjoy on a broad variety of topics, but one thing I haven't found is a good, regularly produced podcast relating to the middle ages.  I'd happily accept either history or literature themed at this point.  Can anyone help?

bolddeceiver

• Matross
  • Plunging like stones from a slingshot on mars...
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:49:05 AM
Have to admit, I'm not an enthusiast myself, but while doing research for something else it just happens I came across this link less than a week ago.  (I know, how's that for coincidence?)  Does that fit what you're looking for?

davedoty

• Peltast
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:06:26 AM
Excellent!  Thanks very much.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:59 AM
You wouldn't be a SCAdian by any chance, would you?

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

davedoty

• Peltast
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:39:32 PM
Nope, although I've bookmarked the website of my local barony, and debate periodically giving it a shot.  I mostly hold back because, judging by the members I've known over the years, it seems to involve a pretty intense commitment.  Most of them eventually burned out because they didn't have the energy to keep up any more.

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 04:35:47 AM
This Twelve Byzantine Rulers podcast was extremely interesting. I stumbled across it while surfing around iTunes. I had no real interest in this era, but it had such a high rating, I figured, why not? I highly recommend it. Of course, it's quite narrow in focus, so it may not be your cup of tea, but you may want to give it a try.

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 09:15:25 AM
...judging by the members I've known over the years, it seems to involve a pretty intense commitment.  Most of them eventually burned out because they didn't have the energy to keep up any more.
They must have forgotten it's all supposed to be a game.

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 04:41:22 PM
I mostly hold back because, judging by the members I've known over the years, it seems to involve a pretty intense commitment.  Most of them eventually burned out because they didn't have the energy to keep up any more.

This is exactly why I've never gotten into any MMORPGames such as World of Warcraft  ;D

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising