Author Topic: Film Poll Raids Again: Finals Group B  (Read 15971 times)

Russell Nash

Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 08:18:50 PM
I still haven't seen Fight Club.
We'll wait.
It could be a long wait.  It could be years more.
I'm with stePH on this one.  I don't enjoy watching people hit each other, as a rule, and as cool as Pitt and Norton are... I just can't force myself to sit through it on purpose.

So, I had to go with BttF... please, don't hit me!  ;)

I had borrowed Fight Club from Wherethewild a little while ago.  When my wife saw it was beating Momento she said we should watch it.  I wasn't too sure, because I don't like watching hyped movies.  I was really good.  I think I would still vote with Momento, but I liked it. 

TAD:  There isn't as much punching as you would think.  There is a lot of the movie outside of the club.

Tango Alpha Delta

• Hipparch
    • Tad's Happy Funtime
Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 08:22:09 PM

TAD:  There isn't as much punching as you would think.  There is a lot of the movie outside of the club.

What was the movie with the line about "I like little things... hitting each other!"  Was that Time Bandits?

This Wiki Won't Wrangle Itself!

I finally published my book - Tad's Happy Funtime is on Amazon!

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 01:25:07 PM
I hate movies about people hitting each other too.  And resisted watching Fight Club for years for that reason.

But that's really not what the movie is about, or even something that gets much screen time.  Watch it!

sirana

• Lochage
Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 02:51:48 PM

What was the movie with the line about "I like little things... hitting each other!"  Was that Time Bandits?

<a href=http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Time_Bandits > Yes it was... [/url]

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 03:31:11 AM
On a tangent from the poll there is another movie from the author of fight club coming.  Choke and a trailer

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #30 on: June 11, 2008, 06:12:01 AM
Interesting that the Presumptive winner never actually won in the original poll.  And it's going up against a movie that one three weeks in a row (BttF).  But Fight Club did come within one vote of tying Empire Strikes Back.  And nothing ever beat that movie.

Maybe they'll face each other again in the semi-finals, but this time just the two of them without the other films drawing off votes.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:14:04 AM by Ocicat »

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #31 on: June 11, 2008, 03:49:32 PM
I have to admit, I'm a little surprised it beat out Nightmare Before Christmas and Back to the Future.  Pleased, but surprised.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 04:57:02 AM
On a tangent from the poll there is another movie from the author of fight club coming.  Choke and a trailer
omfg thank you.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?