Author Topic: Grimm Fairy Tales (comics)  (Read 3666 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: June 20, 2008, 04:29:18 AM
I happened across the first three books of "Return to Wonderland" a few months ago looking for a torrent with the new Stephen King "Gunslinger Born" comic books.  The torrent I found was a multipack so I checked some other titles in it that looked interesting.

"Return to Wonderland" is a twisted sort-of retelling of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that apparently ran for six issues.  The torrent I found only had the first two but I got the rest last night, as well as the first twentyfive or so issues of Grimm Fairy Tales (all published by Zenescope, a company I'd never heard of.)

Anyway, these books with their retellings of tales such as "Little Red Riding Hood", "The Three Little Pigs", "Hansel & Gretel" and the like are definitely in the horror genre.  For some reason, they also seem to all feature some busty and scantily-clad babe.  But I'm enjoying "Return to Wonderland" and wondered if any horror-fans here are familiar with the Grimm series.  I'll probably end up getting RtW in the trade paperback if it exists yet, and maybe some of the others too.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising